Ask Andy!

Clients questions, Tips, and a lot of information...

Got a question?


Which master brake cylinder should I use on my 1974 beetle with disk brakes in front and standard drum brakes in the back

Hi Ken,

If you are just converting a 1967 and newer standard VW Beetle to front disc and running the original rear drum brakes you will not need to change the master cylinder.  The original master cylinder is the same as that on the Karmann Ghia with disc brakes.  If you need a master cylinder, use part #113 611 015BA

Thanks  Andy

Need help?

discover our excellent