The famous Freeway Flyer Transmission improves overall driveability and provides higher cruising speeds than the more commonly found standard VW gear ratios. Our Freeway Flyers feature a professionally rebuilt IRS 12 volt transmission loaded with a 3.88 ring & pinion with a .89 4th gear to give your ride the extra legs. Fits models ’69 to ’70. Sold each.
Core Exchange Policy: Core return must be 3.88 Ring & Pinion to receive full core deposit credit.
• All transmission cores must be deemed rebuildable from the builder to receive core credit. Broken or damaged components on a transmission will reduce or, in some cases, void the core refund entirely.
• To receive full core deposit cores must be the same as the purchased transmission. Full credit cannot be given for a swing axle transmission for an IRS transmission.
• Rebuildable 12 volt IRS with 3.88 ring & pinion trans transmission receive $350.00 deposit refund.
• Rebuildable 12 volt IRS without 3.88 ring & pinion transmission cores receive $175.00 deposit refund.
• Rebuildable 6 volt swing axle transmission cores receive $100.00 deposit refund.
• If you are unsure of the status of your core, Please Call Before Ordering.
• Oil must be drained before shipping transmission cores! A $25.00 disposal fee will be charged for any transmission cores that has not been drained of gear oil prior to being returned.
Please understand that we do want to exchange your cores. Without good cores, there will not be rebuilt parts to put back into circulation. Please do your part to keep our cars going for years to come!